Mark your calendars for Sunday, October 28 at 5:30 pm for Redeemer’s next youth event! Join the middle school and high school youth at Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Charleston, SC, for Game Night! We’ll have plenty of food and fun and, of course, games in our beautiful Fellowship Hall. Feel free to bring a friend. Contact Amanda Dolinski with questions.
Join your friends at the Kochs’ neighborhood pool in Hanahan after this Sunday’s worship service at Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Charleston, SC. Contact Tiffany with any questions.
Lord willing, we’ll launch our Equip classes for all ages this Sunday, September 23 at Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Charleston, SC. Starting this fall, we’ve renamed our Christian Education hour to Equip. This small change is to make clear that the purpose of this hour is not to simply be educated, but rather to be equipped to live out being a Family On Mission Together.
We’re glad to gather again after Hurricane Florence, and we look forward to seeing you at 9:15 am!
- Adults meet in the Fellowship Hall (second floor of the Education Building), where they’ll continue The Gospel Project.
- High school youth meet in the conference room (second floor of the Education Building), where they’ll dig into big questions.
- Middle school youth meet in the office on the third floor of the Education Building, where they’ll grasp the big picture of God’s one story through redemptive history.
- Elementary and preschool children meet at the end of the hallway on the first floor of the Education Building, and they’re continuing The Gospel Project this year. Check out the pictures from the kickoff week!
- A nursery is provided for infants and toddlers, and they get singing time, too!
Join in the learning, exploring, fun, and fellowship during our Equip Hour at 9:15 on Sunday mornings at Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Charleston, SC. Middle school and high school students enjoy their own classes with curriculum geared especially for their ages and learning styles!
For middle school students:
If our youth are to have a strong structure for future Biblical studies, it is essential they grasp the big picture of God’s one story through redemptive history: how He has revealed himself, how He has chosen a people for Himself, what He is like, and what His purpose is from the creation of the world until the end of history.
The G2R Bible Survey (Genesis to Revelation) explores the what, where, and when of God’s revelation. This method prepares our students to delve deeper when they are teens into the why and how through the lens of the covenant—God’s promise that “He is our God and we are His people.” Pray that our students will discover the joy of being called to be a part of this grand narrative of redemption.
The method of teaching and learning in G2R Bible Survey is different than at younger ages. The emphasis is on studying through observation, interpretation, and application of Scripture, enlightened by the Holy Spirit and guided by the teacher. In G2R Bible Survey, interactive discovery takes center stage as preteens and young teens read the Scriptures for themselves, answer open-ended questions, and use other methods to dig into God’s Word. They learn how to use Bible study skills in a passage of Scripture, such as underlining key and repeated words, making lists of what they learn about God and themselves, and much more.
For high school students and recent graduates:
Students often ask, “How does the Bible apply to my life? How can I live out what I believe? So what difference does faith in Christ make?” The question “So What?” captures in a nutshell this series’ primary purpose: that God the Holy Spirit will work through the study of His Word to bring about students’ ownership of their faith in Jesus Christ.
A good question has remarkable power to stimulate and engage critical thinking skills. Each session of So What? zeros in on one question and one answer, allowing students to focus on the truth in Scripture. By asking questions during the study of Scripture, the students discover answers from Bible.
In September the high school class will examine Identity and Purpose, using Genesis 1-3 to deal with hard, profound questions about life—questions that need God’s answers. Some of the essential issues that the older youth will examine this quarter will include how they are made in God’s image, vocation, marriage, sex, Sabbath, sin, the promise of a Redeemer, and more.
Last Friday night 20 youth and 14 adult volunteers cleared the Fellowship Hall and transformed it into a fun space for the middle school and high school youth at Redeemer (and some friends). They played tons of games, enjoyed a music jam session and worship songs, listened to a guest speaker, made cookies, and didn’t sleep a wink, mostly. After everyone recovers, they’ll be ready for the next one!
Beginning this fall, our church family at Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Charleston, SC, will follow The Gospel Project, a chronological, Christ-centered study for kids, students, and adults. We’ll have classes for toddlers, preschoolers, elementary kids, middle school and high school youth, and adults beginning on Sunday, September 17 at 9:15 am.
Here are the locations of each of the classes:
- Adults will meet in the sanctuary.
- High school youth will meet in the library/conference room on the second floor of the Education Building.
- Middle school youth will meet in the pastor’s office on the second floor of the Education Building.
- Elementary children in grades 1-5 will meet in the courtyard.
- Preschool children (ages 3-5) will meet in the conference room at the end of the hall on the first floor of the Education Building.
- Babies and toddlers (ages 0-2) will meet in the toddler nursery on the first floor of the Education Building.
Due to our ongoing renovations, we’ll use these locations for at least the month of September. We look forward to learning and growing together as a church family!
- Christian-education classes – As the renovation of the third floor continues, we’re beginning our fall semester of Christian-education classes for all ages on Sunday, September 10. Look here for information about where specific classes will meet, and join us for a great semester!
- Community groups – Reconnect with your community group; most groups are resuming weekly gatherings next week. Check out the list with the latest details about each group. Find a group in your geographic area to plug into where deep, rich fellowship together will better enable us to make disciples and grow God’s kingdom.
- Women’s Bible Studies – We’ll offer several women’s Bible studies in neighborhoods around the Charleston area, so check out the latest offerings here.
Last Sunday, May 7 the youth in grades 6-12 enjoyed beautiful spring weather for their outdoor games at the final Lowcountry Youth gathering this school year. Our youth from Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Charleston, SC, joined other youth from around the Charleston area at this month’s hosting location Church Creek Presbyterian in West Ashley for games, worship, food, and fun.
The next event will be in September, so stay tuned for details. Enjoy these pictures, and check out posts from past events.
Construction mess doesn’t dampen the learning spirits of these little ones! Redeemer Kids, our Christian-education class for preschool and elementary children, listened last Sunday, May 7 to the familiar story of Jesus’ death and resurrection. Read more here about the class. We also have classes for youth and adults plus a nursery for children under 3. So bring your family and join us Sunday mornings at 9:15!
Catch the last Lowcountry Youth Group gathering before summer! Church Creek PCA in West Ashley (2234 Plainview Rd., 29414) is hosting the May gathering of the Lowcountry Youth Group on Sunday, May 7 at a special start time of 3:30 – 6 pm. Youth in grades 6-12 are invited for an awesome night of fellowship with games, worship, dinner, and time together in the Word of God. Bring some gear for water games: bug spray, towels, and change of clothes just in case! RSVP to Mary Beth Anderson, so we can provide an accurate count of who’s coming from Redeemer. Check here for pictures from past events!