Last Friday night 20 youth and 14 adult volunteers cleared the Fellowship Hall and transformed it into a fun space for the middle school and high school youth at Redeemer (and some friends). They played tons of games, enjoyed a music jam session and worship songs, listened to a guest speaker, made cookies, and didn’t sleep a wink, mostly. After everyone recovers, they’ll be ready for the next one!
Beginning this fall, our church family at Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Charleston, SC, will follow The Gospel Project, a chronological, Christ-centered study for kids, students, and adults. We’ll have classes for toddlers, preschoolers, elementary kids, middle school and high school youth, and adults beginning on Sunday, September 17 at 9:15 am.
Here are the locations of each of the classes:
- Adults will meet in the sanctuary.
- High school youth will meet in the library/conference room on the second floor of the Education Building.
- Middle school youth will meet in the pastor’s office on the second floor of the Education Building.
- Elementary children in grades 1-5 will meet in the courtyard.
- Preschool children (ages 3-5) will meet in the conference room at the end of the hall on the first floor of the Education Building.
- Babies and toddlers (ages 0-2) will meet in the toddler nursery on the first floor of the Education Building.
Due to our ongoing renovations, we’ll use these locations for at least the month of September. We look forward to learning and growing together as a church family!
- Christian-education classes – As the renovation of the third floor continues, we’re beginning our fall semester of Christian-education classes for all ages on Sunday, September 10. Look here for information about where specific classes will meet, and join us for a great semester!
- Community groups – Reconnect with your community group; most groups are resuming weekly gatherings next week. Check out the list with the latest details about each group. Find a group in your geographic area to plug into where deep, rich fellowship together will better enable us to make disciples and grow God’s kingdom.
- Women’s Bible Studies – We’ll offer several women’s Bible studies in neighborhoods around the Charleston area, so check out the latest offerings here.
Last Sunday, May 7 the youth in grades 6-12 enjoyed beautiful spring weather for their outdoor games at the final Lowcountry Youth gathering this school year. Our youth from Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Charleston, SC, joined other youth from around the Charleston area at this month’s hosting location Church Creek Presbyterian in West Ashley for games, worship, food, and fun.
The next event will be in September, so stay tuned for details. Enjoy these pictures, and check out posts from past events.
Construction mess doesn’t dampen the learning spirits of these little ones! Redeemer Kids, our Christian-education class for preschool and elementary children, listened last Sunday, May 7 to the familiar story of Jesus’ death and resurrection. Read more here about the class. We also have classes for youth and adults plus a nursery for children under 3. So bring your family and join us Sunday mornings at 9:15!
Catch the last Lowcountry Youth Group gathering before summer! Church Creek PCA in West Ashley (2234 Plainview Rd., 29414) is hosting the May gathering of the Lowcountry Youth Group on Sunday, May 7 at a special start time of 3:30 – 6 pm. Youth in grades 6-12 are invited for an awesome night of fellowship with games, worship, dinner, and time together in the Word of God. Bring some gear for water games: bug spray, towels, and change of clothes just in case! RSVP to Mary Beth Anderson, so we can provide an accurate count of who’s coming from Redeemer. Check here for pictures from past events!
In January Redeemer hosted over 50 youth and adults, and in February we hosted over 70 youth and adults at these two Lowcountry Youth Group gatherings. Both of these events could only happen because of the prayers and helping hands of MANY people! Members of our Christian-ed. youth team (Chad Slayton, Kyle Babb, and Lauren Turner) planned and guided group games for the youth. Members of our Redeemer music team (Fred Hudson, Chad Slayton, Butler Stoudenmire, and the Champion family) spent hours rehearsing and practicing praise and worship music. Countless talented cooks in the Redeemer family prepared crockpots of chili, pounds of barbecued pork and chicken, pans of macaroni and cheese, beverages, desserts that vanished quickly, and other side dishes in January and February to feed very grateful participants. Peter Mathias (January) and Jared Carlson (February) prepared messages to edify and challenge the youth. Our Pastor Craig both months welcomed each church, mingled with youth and sponsors, and even dashed out to procure extra food when more youth arrived than we had expected. Truly, these Lowcountry Youth Group events showed the Redeemer family on a mission together! Thank you for your prayers, your work, your participation, and your fellowship in ministry to the youth God has entrusted to us.
Our youth in grades 6-12 at Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Charleston, SC, will join other youth from Charleston-area PCA churches on Sunday, January 8 from 5-7 pm for an awesome night of fellowship with games, worship, dinner, and time together in the Word of God. RSVP to Mary Chapman, so we can accurately prepare for food.
Peter Mathias is our guest speaker this month! Peter and his wife Jess have been at Redeemer about a year, and they attend the West Ashley Heathwood Community Group.
The middle school and high school classes at Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Charleston, SC, will take a break from their weekly study in John to use all of Scripture to prepare their hearts during Advent beginning this Sunday, November 27. As they read their assigned Scripture passages, they’ll ask important questions to ponder this Christmas season: Who is Jesus? Why did He come? What do I learn about God? What do I learn about me?
Redeemer’s Youth joined in this past Sunday night, September 4 with many other PCA churches from around Charleston, SC, to kick off the fall semester of the Lowcountry Youth Group. Our middle school and high school students in grades 6-12 enjoyed fellowship with games, worship, dinner, and time in the Word of God. Next month’s event will be at Sunday, October 2 at Eastbridge Presbyterian Church in Mt. Pleasant, SC from 5-7 pm.