Thank you to everyone who donated to the uniform drive that Redeemer Kids sponsored for Lowcountry Orphan Relief. At Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Charleston, SC, we collected over 25 uniforms and $800, which was used to buy additional uniforms. Thank you for your donations!
UNIFORM COLLECTION: Spring-boarding from our Missions Sunday earlier in April, our Redeemer Kids are collecting school uniforms and shoes this month (through Sunday, May 6) for Lowcountry Orphan Relief, a local Charleston charity that helps children in need. We’re collecting khaki shorts or pants and polo shirts in navy, red, and white in sizes 8-18. These items are available for purchase at Walmart, Target, Old Navy, and Belk. Plus we’re collecting shoes in women’s sizes 6+ and men’s sizes 8+. Drop off your donations in the gray bins located in the Education Building and the narthex of the sanctuary. If you’d prefer to donate money for Ashley Lowry to buy uniforms for you, then make your check payable to Redeemer with LOR uniforms in the memo line and drop in the offering bag or give to Ashley.
The Children’s Christmas Celebration last Sunday, December 10 focused on the true meaning of Christmas: Jesus. Often times we find ourselves focusing on Christmas trees, decorations, presents, shopping, etc, which are exciting but not where our hearts should stay. Maybe God uses all this to help us get excited about Jesus’ birth. During the Celebration, several families reminded us of ways we can share the true meaning of Christmas with others. As a tangible way to do this, Redeemer Kids are organizing a food drive for families in need. Please bring in nonperishable food items that would contribute to a Christmas meal. Suggested items are canned fruits, canned vegetables, cornbread mix, rice, beans, canned soups or broths, cake mixes, and gift cards for a ham or turkey, etc. If you are interested in helping with this food drive, contact Ashley Lowry. We’ll collect food items through this Sunday, December 17.
At Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Charleston, SC, our Christian-education classes kicked off this past Sunday, September 17 with such happy faces! Our preschool and elementary classes were especially enjoying their own spaces as both classes have grown tremendously over the past two years. Our senior pastor remarked on the morning:
Thank you, thank you, thank you to all who helped with CE Sunday morning. What an outstanding kickoff!! I walked around all morning and saw happy, engaged kids all over the building. The Lord is faithful!
Bring your family and join us next week on Sunday morning at 9:15 am. Check here for more information including class locations.
Beginning this fall, our church family at Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Charleston, SC, will follow The Gospel Project, a chronological, Christ-centered study for kids, students, and adults. We’ll have classes for toddlers, preschoolers, elementary kids, middle school and high school youth, and adults beginning on Sunday, September 17 at 9:15 am.
Here are the locations of each of the classes:
- Adults will meet in the sanctuary.
- High school youth will meet in the library/conference room on the second floor of the Education Building.
- Middle school youth will meet in the pastor’s office on the second floor of the Education Building.
- Elementary children in grades 1-5 will meet in the courtyard.
- Preschool children (ages 3-5) will meet in the conference room at the end of the hall on the first floor of the Education Building.
- Babies and toddlers (ages 0-2) will meet in the toddler nursery on the first floor of the Education Building.
Due to our ongoing renovations, we’ll use these locations for at least the month of September. We look forward to learning and growing together as a church family!
- Christian-education classes – As the renovation of the third floor continues, we’re beginning our fall semester of Christian-education classes for all ages on Sunday, September 10. Look here for information about where specific classes will meet, and join us for a great semester!
- Community groups – Reconnect with your community group; most groups are resuming weekly gatherings next week. Check out the list with the latest details about each group. Find a group in your geographic area to plug into where deep, rich fellowship together will better enable us to make disciples and grow God’s kingdom.
- Women’s Bible Studies – We’ll offer several women’s Bible studies in neighborhoods around the Charleston area, so check out the latest offerings here.
Last week we celebrated Ms. Ashley’s birthday at the end of our class with a special birthday candle/firework! She coordinates our Children’s Committee working tirelessly to help teach our little ones, encourage parents in the nurture of their children, and celebrate the beauty and wonder of God’s Word each week with our Redeemer Kids. We love you, Ms. Ashley!!
Redeemer Kids, our Christian-education class for preschool and elementary children at Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Charleston, SC, continued learning about the resurrection on Sunday, May 14. With exciting storytelling and scrumptious themed snacks, the kids celebrated the story of the resurrection. The older elementary kids created front pages of newspapers from the day Jesus arose. Their creativity and excitement for retelling the resurrection story encouraged their leaders!