- Christian-education classes – As the renovation of the third floor continues, we’re beginning our fall semester of Christian-education classes for all ages on Sunday, September 10. Look here for information about where specific classes will meet, and join us for a great semester!
- Community groups – Reconnect with your community group; most groups are resuming weekly gatherings next week. Check out the list with the latest details about each group. Find a group in your geographic area to plug into where deep, rich fellowship together will better enable us to make disciples and grow God’s kingdom.
- Women’s Bible Studies – We’ll offer several women’s Bible studies in neighborhoods around the Charleston area, so check out the latest offerings here.
Last week we celebrated Ms. Ashley’s birthday at the end of our class with a special birthday candle/firework! She coordinates our Children’s Committee working tirelessly to help teach our little ones, encourage parents in the nurture of their children, and celebrate the beauty and wonder of God’s Word each week with our Redeemer Kids. We love you, Ms. Ashley!!
Redeemer Kids, our Christian-education class for preschool and elementary children at Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Charleston, SC, continued learning about the resurrection on Sunday, May 14. With exciting storytelling and scrumptious themed snacks, the kids celebrated the story of the resurrection. The older elementary kids created front pages of newspapers from the day Jesus arose. Their creativity and excitement for retelling the resurrection story encouraged their leaders!
Construction mess doesn’t dampen the learning spirits of these little ones! Redeemer Kids, our Christian-education class for preschool and elementary children, listened last Sunday, May 7 to the familiar story of Jesus’ death and resurrection. Read more here about the class. We also have classes for youth and adults plus a nursery for children under 3. So bring your family and join us Sunday mornings at 9:15!
This past Sunday, April 23 our Redeemer Kids enjoyed a visit from our senior pastor! He stopped in to talk with our little ones in preschool and elementary school about communion and its importance and significance.
Our Redeemer Kids class for ages 3 through 4th grade gathers each Sunday morning at 9:15 for a celebration! The children enjoy songs, games, snacks, and stories about Jesus. As you teach the story each week to your children, feel free to use the handout provided. As the Lord has blessed our numbers, we’ve started spending the last half of the class in small groups to facilitate age-appropriate discussion of the story and to work on crafts and activities. The kids seem to love their small groups!
Advent begins this Sunday, November 27 at Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Charleston, SC. During the Christian-education hour at 9:15 am, our Redeemer Kids will be practicing their songs, verses, and stories for their Christmas Celebration on December 11.
Here’s the plan for the four weeks of Advent:
- November 27: The kids will review the story of Jesus’ birth from Luke 2, and they’ll be practicing their special Christmas songs. For Scripture memory they’ll review John 3:16.
- December 4: To practice for the Christmas Celebration, the kids will meet in the sanctuary.
- December 11: To practice for the Christmas Celebration, the kids will meet in the sanctuary.
- December 18: The kids will enjoy a birthday party for Jesus in the Fellowship Hall. They’ll enjoy music, games, and cupcakes to celebrate Jesus’ birth! For Scripture memory they’ll review John 3:16.
Then we’ll take a break from Christian-education classes for Christmas Day and New Year’s Day and resume our series Tell Me the Stories of Jesus on January 8.
Parents at Redeemer, we’re hosting a special night of fun and games for your kids (babies through elementary) at the church on Saturday, December 3 from 5-8:30 pm. Whether you need to get some Christmas shopping done or just want to grab dinner with your spouse, we want to host your kids for the evening with generous help from adult volunteers and our youth. For just $5/family, your little ones will get supper, games, and special activities appropriate for their ages.
As a PARENT, what do I need to do?
- Register your child(ren) using this form before November 30. We must know how many children to prepare for: You can pay at the door, but you can’t register at the door.
I want to help!
- Contact Ashley Lowry to volunteer to play with kids for the evening for this outreach event to families.
- Collect and bring to the church your medium and large cardboard boxes. We’re planning a super-cute activity for the kids but need some boxes to make it happen.
At Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Charleston, SC, our preschool and elementary children are enjoying their series Tell Me the Stories of Jesus. The story for this week ending on Sunday, October 30 is titled The Story of the Farmer. This story of Jesus is also found in Mark 4:1-20.
Continue to use the Scripture memory rings this week to learn the Bible verses. As children arrive, they will say the verse to a teacher and receive a bead on their name-tag lanyards. Elementary kids will recite a verse each week, and preschool kids have a verse each month to learn.
Many of our stories of Jesus this year are found in The Jesus Storybook Bible. If you’d like to purchase it (or anything else on Amazon!), then use Redeemer’s special link to help support our church with every purchase. For more information, contact our Children’s Ministry Coordinator, Ashley Lowry.