- Christian-education classes – As the renovation of the third floor continues, we’re beginning our fall semester of Christian-education classes for all ages on Sunday, September 10. Look here for information about where specific classes will meet, and join us for a great semester!
- Community groups – Reconnect with your community group; most groups are resuming weekly gatherings next week. Check out the list with the latest details about each group. Find a group in your geographic area to plug into where deep, rich fellowship together will better enable us to make disciples and grow God’s kingdom.
- Women’s Bible Studies – We’ll offer several women’s Bible studies in neighborhoods around the Charleston area, so check out the latest offerings here.
Through the leadership of our community groups, we offer several women’s Bible studies in neighborhoods around the Charleston area. These Bible studies are open to all and an outreach effort to Redeemer women, friends, and neighbors. Here’s a list of our current studies beginning in September:
- Carolina Bay Women’s Bible Study | Thursdays, 9:30-11:30 am at 2085 Gammon St., 29414 – This semester we’ll be focusing on women’s topics like faith, making disciples and living a holy life as a Christian woman today. We will study some women in the Bible to see how these issues played a role in their lives and how we can learn from their experiences. Our primary scripture will be Colossians 3. It’s a rich chapter full of wonderful insights into these topics that affect us all every day. We begin Thursday, September 7; childcare will be provided. Contact Frankie Bennett for more information.
- Mt. Pleasant Women’s Bible Study | Fridays, 9:30 am at 720 Kent St., 29464 – This semester we’ll study Galatians. We begin Friday, September 8. Contact Liz Jarvis for more information.
- Hanahan Women’s Bible Study | Thursdays, 10:30 am at 1410 Gemstone Blvd., 29410 – This semester we’ll study Galatians. We begin Thursday, September 7; childcare will be provided. Contact Gray Morgan for more information.
- Ladson Women’s Bible Study | Tuesdays, 10:30 am at 113 Tamarack Ct., 29456 – This semester we’ll study Galatians. We begin Tuesday, September 26. Contact Amber Lane for more information.
Join the ladies of Redeemer as we study God’s Word!
But you know the thing that brings us back week after week? It’s community. Experiencing community week after week, year after year with our fellow believers. And you know, I believe it’s the same for each of you.
Because those things I first mentioned, the preaching, the music, we can experience those things individually from our homes, our cars…..alone. But when believers gather together, hearing the preaching of the Word, raising our voices together, there is something extraordinary that happens. It’s medicine for my soul.
Now you’re asking: Wasn’t she supposed to talk about the women’s retreat? What does any of this have to do with women going to Myrtle Beach? And my answer is….Everything.
Ladies, I want to invite you to a special weekend where we, as women, will hear the Word and worship–together in community. Now I know for some of you, a weekend away with a bunch of women can sound overwhelming. But God made you and made community for you too. I promise there are plenty of moments of quiet and opportunities for alone time. It’s not all late-night chats, and laughter, and ugly crying.
And, men, please encourage the women in your life to go. Help free their schedules.
Details are here. We look forward to spending the weekend away with you.
If you’re new or haven’t been before, Redeemer retreats are the best way to get to know our women.
Redeemer retreats are the best way to relax and rejuvenate–because there are no kids, jobs, chores, cooking, husbands, laundry, and I could go on…
Redeemer retreats are the best way to experience Myrtle Beach–no crowds, no traffic, no oppressive heat, and oceanfront on the cheap!
Redeemer retreats are the best. Period. And we want you to come with us! Details are here.
Join us for the best weekend.
Join us for this wonderful event! Get the latest details here!
Being close to the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC), we attract many students, residents, fellows, and their families to Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Charleston, SC. We help encourage this local chapter of Side By Side, a ministry of Christian Medical & Dental Association (CMDA). Here’s what several women at Redeemer are saying about their experience with Side By Side:
I’m a member of Side by Side, a ministry specifically for medical and dental wives, including students, residents, fellows, and practicing physicians and dentists. Our basic goal is to encourage, support, and minister to women in medical marriages while helping them deal with the unique demands placed upon them and their families. Our local chapter meets weekly and spends time in fellowship, Bible study, and prayer at various homes in the Charleston area. Being in the medical field, our spouses often work long hours, and the time we do get to spend with them, they are often stressed and exhausted. Having a group of women who understand your life and can point you to Jesus during those difficult seasons is invaluable, and it has been for me this year. –Alyse
We have 30 involved women in our group, but usually around 12-15 people at any given meeting (fall is fuller, spring is less so). We are saying goodbye to 6 of our friends this year, which is always hard! We did a study through James this spring and it was really awesome. We also did a “how to” social where we learned how to do hand lettering from a professional. It was really fun and we plan to do more of those “how to” things this year. God is good and he is continuing to bless our group in many ways! –Emma
If you’d like to join this chapter or know a medical or dental wife who would benefit from this group, reach out to the local Charleston chapter of Side By Side.
This Sunday, June 25 at Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Charleston, SC, we’re focusing on disability awareness during our Christian-education classes and worship service. Our goal is to share with our congregation and children that we are a church that welcomes all people with abilities and disabilities. Also, we want to educate everyone about disabilities and experience what it may feel like to have certain disabilities. Our long term goal is that our church would have resources and trained volunteers so families of children with disabilities feel comfortable bringing their children to church–and not just children but adults as well. They are all made in God’s image and all have a purpose in His body, the Church. We’ll be teaching these main points in our children’s classes especially:
- God created us all perfectly with similarities and differences.
- God loves all people in spite of our differences and weaknesses; he has a a purpose for each of us.
- God teaches us to love like he loves and to be friends with people regardless of differences.
Come worship with us and celebrate the differences and similarities that God put into his body the Church!
Rylie Van Wingerden
Kevin Kondek, The Citadel; Nathan Plante, Clemson
Kurt Brewer, MBA at University of South Carolina; Jess Mathias, Medical University of South Carolina’s College of Nursing
Last Sunday, May 7 the youth in grades 6-12 enjoyed beautiful spring weather for their outdoor games at the final Lowcountry Youth gathering this school year. Our youth from Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Charleston, SC, joined other youth from around the Charleston area at this month’s hosting location Church Creek Presbyterian in West Ashley for games, worship, food, and fun.
The next event will be in September, so stay tuned for details. Enjoy these pictures, and check out posts from past events.
On Sunday, May 7 we celebrated three moms-to-be at Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Charleston, SC, at our special women’s event, a shower of blessings. We dined on delicious food, shared advice, laughed at stories, and prayed for these precious little ones and their families. We look forward to meeting them soon!