This past Sunday, August 9 the preschoolers reviewed God’s character, learning new words omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent. They also learned about the young king Josiah who found a lost Book of the Law, repented, and obeyed God’s Word, bringing peace to the nation of Israel during his reign.
14. Where do you learn how to love and obey God? In the Bible alone.
15. Who wrote the Bible? Chosen men who were inspired by the Holy Spirit
Although these questions are all review for the kids, it is so important that we teach and reiterate to our children while they are young that the Bible is true and important. God gave us the Bible to teach us about Jesus and guide us like a lamp lighting our steps (Psalm 119:105). The only problem is that we are born sinful and have a hard time believing the Bible and obeying God’s Word, so God also gave us the Holy Spirit to guide us as we read the Bible (John 14:26). Students also continued learning Psalm 100 by adding verse 4 this week.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!
The elementary students learned about Jesus’ life in the past (His life on earth, death, resurrection, and his 40 days after he rose from the dead), present (He is now in Heaven at the right hand of the Father, defending His people from Satan and interceding for us), and future (Jesus will return to earth one day to judge the world). This sets our God apart from the gods of all other religions. In other religions, the prophets and gods are dead and only had an important past, but our God is alive and has a plan for the present and future!
141. Did Christ remain in the grave after his crucifixion? No. He rose bodily from the grave on the third day after his death.
142. Where is Christ now? In heaven, ruling his kingdom and interceding for us.
143. Will the Lord Jesus come again? Yes! He will return to judge the world on the last day.