The preschoolers continued learning about what it means to be made in the image of God. They learned that just like Adam and Eve, we are made with a spirit that will last forever. We are made different from the rest of God’s creation in that we will be able to love and worship Him forever. And because we are made in God’s image, each person on earth has value.
19. What else did God give Adam and Eve besides bodies? He gave them souls that will last forever.
20. Do you have a soul as well as a body? Yes. And my soul is going to last forever.
21. How do you know your soul will last forever? Because the Bible tells me so.
The older children continued learning about salvation and that only through faith in Christ can we be saved. The children read about Abraham and his faith in God. God made many promises to Abraham, and God was faithful to keep each one. And when God sent Jesus, He kept his promise to bless all the world through Abraham because Jesus was a descendant of Abraham.
64. How long ago did Christ die? About two thousand years ago.
65. How were sinners saved before Christ came? By believing in the promised Messiah.
66. Before Christ came, how did believers show their faith? By offering the sacrifices God required.
67. What did these sacrifices represent? Christ, the Lamb of God, who would come to die for sinners.