Our newly renamed Equip Hour at Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Charleston, SC, kicked off this past Sunday with breakfast for everyone. Then all our Redeemer Kids (elementary, preschool, and toddlers) headed to their classrooms for games and a preview of the fall curriculum. We look forward to seeing everyone next Sunday!
At Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Charleston, SC, our Equip Hour for both preschool and elementary children will continue using The Gospel Project for their curriculum. The Gospel Project is a chronological, Christ-centered study. Our kids and leaders loved it last year, so we’re continuing this year!
We start with opening activities at 9:15 am on Sunday mornings, so join us for the learning, exploring, and fun!
At the end of April our Redeemer Kids enjoyed a fun night at the church which included a “drive-in movie” with popcorn and snacks, outdoor games, and a field trip to the Meeting Street Fire Station. Many of our adults and youth worked our Parents’ Night Out event, so our parents could have a few hours by themselves for a nice meal downtown or some shopping.
The field trip to the Fire Station was a huge hit! The kids had tons of good questions, and the firefighters were delightful hosts to take on our crew. A huge THANK YOU to the adults and youth who made this fun night possible!!
UNIFORM COLLECTION: Spring-boarding from our Missions Sunday earlier in April, our Redeemer Kids are collecting school uniforms and shoes this month (through Sunday, May 6) for Lowcountry Orphan Relief, a local Charleston charity that helps children in need. We’re collecting khaki shorts or pants and polo shirts in navy, red, and white in sizes 8-18. These items are available for purchase at Walmart, Target, Old Navy, and Belk. Plus we’re collecting shoes in women’s sizes 6+ and men’s sizes 8+. Drop off your donations in the gray bins located in the Education Building and the narthex of the sanctuary. If you’d prefer to donate money for Ashley Lowry to buy uniforms for you, then make your check payable to Redeemer with LOR uniforms in the memo line and drop in the offering bag or give to Ashley.
The Children’s Christmas Celebration last Sunday, December 10 focused on the true meaning of Christmas: Jesus. Often times we find ourselves focusing on Christmas trees, decorations, presents, shopping, etc, which are exciting but not where our hearts should stay. Maybe God uses all this to help us get excited about Jesus’ birth. During the Celebration, several families reminded us of ways we can share the true meaning of Christmas with others. As a tangible way to do this, Redeemer Kids are organizing a food drive for families in need. Please bring in nonperishable food items that would contribute to a Christmas meal. Suggested items are canned fruits, canned vegetables, cornbread mix, rice, beans, canned soups or broths, cake mixes, and gift cards for a ham or turkey, etc. If you are interested in helping with this food drive, contact Ashley Lowry. We’ll collect food items through this Sunday, December 17.
At Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Charleston, SC, we’re excited for this season of advent as we celebrate the incarnation! Here are the details about our upcoming special events that we hope will encourage and enable you and your family to experience this advent season with joy.
- Advent begins – Join us this Sunday, December 3 for the first Sunday of Advent!
- Children’s Christmas Celebration – Our preschool and elementary children are working hard each week to learn their songs for their musical celebration on Sunday,December 10 at 5 pm at Redeemer. There will be costumes, sets, dances, duets, songs, Scripture, and more! Come support our children, and celebrate with us!
- Christmas Party & Talent Show – Easily our best event of the year, our family Christmas party and talent show is not to be missed! Join us Sunday, December 17at 6 pm at The Cedar Room (701 East Bay St., 29403), since our Fellowship Hall is still being renovated. Plan to bring several finger-food dishes to share–we need plenty of hors d’oeuvres from savory to sweet. If you’d like to participate in the talent show portion of the evening, then please read and complete this online form for all the participation information. We look forward to celebrating with you and your family!
- Christmas Eve Service – Join us on Sunday, December 24 at 6 pm at Redeemer for our special candlelight service. Remember to arrive early for best seating and parking, since we host many from other churches around Charleston.
At Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Charleston, SC, our Christian-education classes kicked off this past Sunday, September 17 with such happy faces! Our preschool and elementary classes were especially enjoying their own spaces as both classes have grown tremendously over the past two years. Our senior pastor remarked on the morning:
Thank you, thank you, thank you to all who helped with CE Sunday morning. What an outstanding kickoff!! I walked around all morning and saw happy, engaged kids all over the building. The Lord is faithful!
Bring your family and join us next week on Sunday morning at 9:15 am. Check here for more information including class locations.
Beginning this fall, our church family at Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Charleston, SC, will follow The Gospel Project, a chronological, Christ-centered study for kids, students, and adults. We’ll have classes for toddlers, preschoolers, elementary kids, middle school and high school youth, and adults beginning on Sunday, September 17 at 9:15 am.
Here are the locations of each of the classes:
- Adults will meet in the sanctuary.
- High school youth will meet in the library/conference room on the second floor of the Education Building.
- Middle school youth will meet in the pastor’s office on the second floor of the Education Building.
- Elementary children in grades 1-5 will meet in the courtyard.
- Preschool children (ages 3-5) will meet in the conference room at the end of the hall on the first floor of the Education Building.
- Babies and toddlers (ages 0-2) will meet in the toddler nursery on the first floor of the Education Building.
Due to our ongoing renovations, we’ll use these locations for at least the month of September. We look forward to learning and growing together as a church family!
- Christian-education classes – As the renovation of the third floor continues, we’re beginning our fall semester of Christian-education classes for all ages on Sunday, September 10. Look here for information about where specific classes will meet, and join us for a great semester!
- Community groups – Reconnect with your community group; most groups are resuming weekly gatherings next week. Check out the list with the latest details about each group. Find a group in your geographic area to plug into where deep, rich fellowship together will better enable us to make disciples and grow God’s kingdom.
- Women’s Bible Studies – We’ll offer several women’s Bible studies in neighborhoods around the Charleston area, so check out the latest offerings here.