Redeemer Kids continued this past Sunday with their learning of the Catechism. Parents, to help equip you to teach your children and reinforce what they’re learning on Sunday mornings, we’ll be posting each week the Catechism questions and answers that they learned the previous Sunday. We’ll also give you an overview of the lesson they learned, so you can knowledgeably ask them questions and continue their training at home.
3. Why did God make you and all things? For his own glory.
4. How can you glorify God? By loving him and doing what he commands.
Here’s the lesson overview from Sunday, September 14, so you can help your little ones understand these big truths about God:
- The sky, trees, and mountains–all of creation–glorify God by reminding us that God made everything. Psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of this hands. We can glorify God, too.
- Loving God is not just a feeling; it is also doing what God commands.
- We, however, have sinful hearts that do not want to love God. We need to trust in Jesus.
- Our light shines and glorifies God when we trust and obey him, but our light hides when we don’t trust God and obey him.
The children learned the first two Catechism questions on September 7. Enjoy some pictures from that first week.
1. Who made you? God.
2. What else did God make? God made all things.