Preschool Redeemer Kids
Our little ones learned three new Catechism questions and answers this week.
7. In how many persons does this one God exist? In three Persons.
8. Name these three Persons. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
9. What is God? God is a Spirit and does not have a body like men.
Their Bible stories focused on teaching and showing the Trinity: During the Christian-Ed. hour, they heard the story of Jesus’ walking on water. The disciples confessed, “Truly, he’s the Son of God,” after they saw Jesus walk on water and calm the stormy sea. During Children’s Church, they heard the story of Jesus’ baptism by John the Baptist. The three persons of the Triune God were visible during Jesus’ baptism: God the Son (Jesus) was in bodily form, God the Father spoke in an audible voice from heaven, and God the Holy Spirit descended upon Jesus, taking the form of a dove.
Elementary Redeemer Kids
Our 1st-4th graders learned four new Catechism questions and answers this week.
10. Where is God? God is everywhere.
11. Can you see God? No. I cannot see God, but he always sees me.
12. Does God know all things? Yes. Nothing can be hidden from God.
13. Can God do all things? Yes. God can do all his holy will.
Their Bible story was about Jonah and how he tried to run away from God. But God is everywhere; he sees and knows everything. He never sleeps and is always taking care of us. With Jonah, God was in control of everything. God knew exactly what Jonah was thinking, where he was, and what he was doing.
Remember, next Sunday, October 19 will be the Review and Recitation Celebration during the Christian-Ed. hour for both classes. The Elementary Redeemer Kids will need to know questions 1-13. The Preschool Redeemer Kids will need to know questions 1-9. If you want to review the previous questions and answers, look back at old blog posts.