The Elementary Redeemer Kids began learning their next set of Catechism questions this past Sunday, September 28; use the questions and answers below to help your child memorize them this week and review the first five from last week.
Their lesson focused on what is an idol, using Moses on the mountain as an example. The Israelites waited for him 40 days, which seemed so long; and they quickly forgot God had just told them he is the one true God and not to worship idols. So they made the golden calf. In our lives we can replace God with other things, too. But we must not forget that God is the one true God and worthy of all our devotion. The lesson also highlighted the three persons of the Trinity and their roles: God as Father and Creator, Jesus as Savior and the one to point us to God, and the Holy Spirit as our helper and companion.
1. Who made you? God.
2. What else did God make? God made all things.
3. Why did God make you and all things? For his own glory.
4. How can you glorify God? By loving him and doing what he commands.
5. Why are you to glorify God? Because he made me and takes care of me.
6. Is there more than one true God? No. There is only one true God.
7. In how many persons does this one God exist? In three Persons.
8. Name these three Persons. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
9. What is God? God is a Spirit and does not have a body like men.