On Easter Sunday at Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Charleston, SC, our senior pastor preached from Matthew 28:1-10, reminding us that the world needs people who have “come alive.” He challenged us with a few questions:
- Are you alive in Christ?
- How alive are you in Christ?
- Are you bringing change and hope to the world?
The resurrection life is a beautiful life, and he outlined four facets of a beautiful resurrection life in Christ:
- God wants us to “get it”–and not miss it. An angel of the Lord explains to the women on that Third Day what they’ll find at the tomb, so they won’t miss it: Jesus is the Son of God, and he’s coming again.
- God is more than we can expect or imagine. We should always expect more. No matter what we imagine or what develops, we’re simply moving God’s plan along.
- Christ gives a new and better normal. He gave women–a lesser part of society in that day–the privilege of hearing, seeing, and sharing about the Resurrection first.
- God does for us what we can’t do for ourselves apart from the Resurrected Life of Christ.