This Sunday, November 16 is Recitation Sunday, and we’ll have a little party for the kids during the Christian-Ed. hour where they’ll recite their Catechism answers. So, parents, continue helping your children learn the Catechism this week, so they’ll be prepared for Sunday.
As a special treat for the whole congregation, our Preschool Redeemer Kids will recite their Catechism answers during our worship service. Pastor Craig was so excited to hear the progress our little ones have made, and he wanted to share their learning of God’s Word and hard work with the whole church body. We’ll practice during the Christian-Ed. hour, so your preschoolers will be prepared to recite their answers to the first 13 questions in the worship service just before they dismiss for Children’s Church.
1. Who made you? God.
2. What else did God make? God made all things.
3. Why did God make you and all things? For his own glory.
4. How can you glorify God? By loving him and doing what he commands.
5. Why are you to glorify God? Because he made me and takes care of me.
6. Is there more than one true God? No. There is only one true God.
7. In how many persons does this one God exist? In three Persons.
8. Name these three Persons. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
9. What is God? God is a Spirit and does not have a body like men.
10. Where is God? God is everywhere.
11. Can you see God? No. I cannot see God, but he always sees me.
12. Does God know all things? Yes. Nothing can be hidden from God.
13. Can God do all things? Yes. God can do all his holy will.
Our Elementary Redeemer Kids have 17 answers to recite this Sunday in their Christian-Ed. class. Our 1st-4th graders will not recite their answers during the worship service this time, but they’ll most likely do a recitation before the whole congregation sometime in March 2015. They’ll still have a party this Sunday and recite their Catechism answers for their teacher from questions 16-32 listed below.
16. Who were our first parents? Adam and Eve.
17. How did God create man? God created man, male and female, after his own image.
18. Of what were our first parents made? God made Adam’s body out of the ground and Eve’s body out of a rib from Adam.
19. What else did God give Adam and Eve besides bodies? He gave them souls that will last forever.
20. Do you have a soul as well as a body? Yes. And my soul is going to last forever.
21. How do you know your soul will last forever? Because the Bible tells me so.
22. In what condition did God make Adam and Eve? He made them holy and happy.
23. What covenant did God make with Adam? The covenant of life.
24. What is a covenant? A relationship that God establishes with us and guarantees by his Word.
25. In the covenant of life, what did God require Adam to do? To obey God perfectly.
26. What did God promise in the covenant of life? To reward Adam with life if he obeyed God perfectly.
27. What did God threaten in the covenant of life? To punish Adam with death if he disobeyed God.
28. Did Adam keep the covenant of life? No. He sinned against God.
29. What is sin? Sin is any lack of conformity to, or transgression of, the law of God.
30. What is meant by lack of conformity? Not being or doing what God requires.
31. What is meant by transgression? Doing what God forbids.
32. What does every sin deserve? The wrath and curse of God.