As we provide updates, the Redeemer missions committee and Session want to urge you to be praying–and helping, giving, asking, and preparing–as we near the building stages of a pastoral and community resource center on Ankole Western University’s campus. We need your support, prayers, and involvement as we continue this work!
We are thankful to the Lord for:
- Redeemer’s 12-year journey with Uganda affording us meaningful relationships and trust largely because of and through the Alele family
- Christine Alele’s continued involvement helping us communicate and navigate within the Ugandan culture!
- God’s guidance throughout the arduous task of cross-cultural communication
- Total agreement and unified vision of the Session and missions committee members at each phase and step of this project!
- His provision of free prime land in Uganda and funds in Redeemer’s missions budget to build
- Our very own architect, Laura Slagel, who has graciously volunteered her expertise to taking the vision floating around in our heads and getting it down on paper!
- Nineteen crates FULL of excellent pastoral study resources donated by Bob Holmes that are ready to line the shelves before the building is even built!
PRAY FOR THIS MONTH
Pray for us as we work diligently together with the Session in developing an effective memorandum of understanding (MOU), signed by both parties as to the ongoing use and functional responsibilities both during and after the resource center is built.