Redeemer’s precious connection with the people of Uganda continues to deepen as we partner with Ankole Western University (AWU) to build a community and pastoral resource center on their campus in the Sheema district of Uganda. Please join us in praying for the Christian leaders in the community and for more leaders to be raised up as we move closer to breaking ground!
At our Missions Prayer Breakfast a few weeks ago, the missions committee gave a brief update about our work in Uganda, and we want to bring the congregation in on the good work the Lord is doing!
Our missions committee has been hard at work praying and planning for a construction project to begin in Uganda in partnership with a local university, Ankole Western University (AWU). We are finalizing building plans for a modest pastoral and community resource center on AWU’s campus, and we need your support, prayers, and involvement as we continue this work.
We are thankful to the Lord for:
- Redeemer’s long-standing connection to Uganda through the Alele family and for Christine’s continued involvement helping us communicate and navigate within the Ugandan culture.
- His guidance over each step of this process. We have wonderful relationships with several key players in Uganda which have stemmed directly from Kathy’s visit last summer.
- His provision of land in Uganda and funds in Redeemer’s budget to make this construction project get off the ground immediately.
- Our very own architect, Laura Slagel, who has graciously volunteered her expertise.
- A growing church and growing missions team who seek the Lord’s direction and have a heart for the people of Uganda.
We need your prayers and your advice as we continue to navigate cross-cultural dialogue and as we seek the Lord’s plans for our continued presence in Uganda.